An A-Z of ELT – Scott Thornbury
An ELT Notebook – EFL Methodology for teachers
Babel’s Dawn – Blogging about the origins of speech
Breathy Vowel – ELT, linguistics, Korean
Classroots – Reforming classroom practice and democratic education
The Daily Ptefldactyl – ESL Teacher, trainer and freelancer
David Truss – Blogs on ELT
Education Rethink – John T. Spencer’s blog
EFL 2.0 – EFL 2.0 Classroom Edublog
ELT Rants, Reviews and Reflections – Teaching at a university in Seoul; Reflective practices
Engaging Parents in School – Another great Larry Ferlazzo blog
Janet Abruzzo‘s Edublog
Jeremy Harmer’s Blog – How to teach teachers and the art of presentation
Language Moments – Dale Coulter reflects on language and teaching
Langwitches – The magic of learning
Larry Ferlazzo’s Blog – Inspiring blog on everything ELL, ELT and EFL
Pedagogies of Abundance – Thoughtful posts on education and learning
Teach Paperless – Seeking social solutions to modern education
Teacher Reboot Camp – Shelly Terrell challenges us to engage our students
Think, Thank, Thunk – Dealing with the fears of being a boring math teacher
Throwing Back Tokens – Josette LeBlanc blogs on reflective teaching practices and compassionate communication.
- TEFL.net – TEFLtastic with Alex Case
- ELT News.com – Teaching ESL in Japan
- Classroom 2.0 – For the tech-savvy classroom.
- CBC Canada’s DNTO (Definitely Not The Opera) *One of my favourites to catch!
- BBC – The English We Speak
- BBC – 6 Minute English
- Storynory – Free audio stories for kids. Spoken with British accent.
FREE MATERIALS for ELTs and ELLs
- Lessonstream (formerly TEFLclip)
- ESL Games World – Fun games for ESL/EFL learners.
- Macgraw-Hill Book’s – Read Stories, answer questions and take a comprehension quizzes.
- ManyBooks.net – More than 29,000 free eBooks to read in English.
- ESL Kids World – Fun, online grammar and vocabulary activities.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing – Brush up on your Grammar.
- Best Grammar Checker – Useful tool when used properly.
- BBC Learn English – Great resources for listening, reading, and more.
- BBC Learn English Kids – Here’s one for the younger ESL learner.
- Boggles World – Always a great resource for interactive activities.
- Genki English – Activities, lesson plans, songs and more!
- ESL Galaxy – ESL lesson plans, activities and materials.
- BBC Teaching English – What can I say, a great site if you don’t already know that.
- Book Club It – Encourage literacy or just share your love for books!
- Genki English – Great early beginner ESL Lesson plans and materials.
- EnchantedLearning – Excellent K-6 printables based on themes. Use this all the time.
- ESL Library – This is great for intermediate students and conversation-based lesson themes.
- Super Simple Learning – Get kids speaking English after one lesson! Catchy songs with teaching resources.
TEACHING ESL IN SOUTH KOREA
- ExpatKerri.com – Kerri is an experienced world traveller and amazing all-round gal who has been teaching ESL in Korea for years – she loves Korea and shares her insights into the culture, learning Korean, living here and of course, teaching. She’s also a popular YouTuber: ExpatKerri
- Simon and Martina – Fun, hilarious vlog on YouTube.